Raw Raspberry Cheesecake
Preperation time: 30 minutes
This cheesecake says 'it's summertime' - enjoy!
2C nuts. You can use any nuts. I used a mixture of almonds, walnuts and brazilnuts.
15 medjool dates
2C raw cashews. Soak for at least 4 hours in water
Juice of 1 lemon
1t vanilla extract
3C fresh raspberries
1/2C maple syrup or coconut necter
1/2C extra virgin coconut oil
1. Place nuts in a food processor and pulse until finely ground.
2. Add pitted dates and pulse until the dates and the nuts are finely chopped and mixed together. You may need to add a little water to help this process.
3. When nuts and dates clump into a ball in your processor, remove.
4. Line a baking pan or pie dish with baking paper.
5. Scoop the nuts and dates into the dish and press firmly along the base and sides until even.
6. Place in the freezer while you make the filling.
1. Rinse cashews and place in food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
2. Add lemon juice, vanilla, maple syrup and coconut oil and process on high until mixture is smooth.
3. Add raspberries to mix and pulse until incorporated.
Take base out of freezer and pour filling into it.
Place cheesecake into freezer for about 3 hours.
Cut cheesecake into slices when frozen.
Remove from freezer about 30 minutes before serving.